Of late my mind has been awash of many things, most importantly on how to go forward on the things i want to achieve. I thought utilizing my skills more would earn me the extra cash which true but the execution on how i move forward is what keeps puzzling me.Of late i built a team of people i work with but how to implement the company strategy is still challenging: the key question i ask myself is:How can I align everyone’s efforts and help them accomplish the organization’s most important work? For a while this has got me thinking and i got in touch with a process called Big Arrow that has helped me work better. Here are a few tips i felt like sharing on executing strategy effectively;
- Define the Big Arrow (aligning the strategic direction of your company)
- Once the big arrow is clear, we to identify highest impact people to enable forward the momentum of the company.
- Determine What They Should Focus On
Once we have established the key people, to work with each we work with them to determine their:
- Key contribution to moving the Big Arrow forward
- Pivotal strength that will allow them to make their key contribution
- Game changer, the thing that, if the person improves, will most improve their ability to make their key contribution
- Hold laser -focused coaching sessions to make clear headway on their key contribution to the Big Arrow.
- Amplify performance
For info about the Big Arrow read the Harvard Business Review on Strategic Execution (More)